Post #32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdCQHiWWR14

One of my favorite Disney/Pixar movies is Finding Nemo, and while watching some animated films and series, I found that focalization is almost never viewed through the characters eyes but as if there is always an audience looking into the characters. Then, I found this video and saw that focalization is very subtle, and I came to the conclusion that this is so because these films are for children that do not understand the ways in which camera focuses work and need these children need that constant visual of characters in order to understand who is speaking.

1 Response to Post #32

1. vtoledo says:

Just have to say that this was one of my favorite movies haha..Anywho as a response to your blog I would like to say that I agree with you stated where many characters focalizations in films and even in books, are very much viewed as if someone on the outside is looking at them and watching everything happen. This makes it very easy for children to understand what is going on instead in this case making the movie through Nemo’s fathers eyes. Good luck with finals!